Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Festival Number 1

Oh, how I love this time of year.  A/C is only kicking one three to four times a day instead of every hour.  I can open up the house, even if it is for a few hours.  And I am able to kick the boys outside to play all day and not feel like I am an evil heartless mom, because I would actually go out too (and do just not so much in the summer).

Another reason is that the outdoor activities are endless here!  I love harvest.  It has always been one of my favorite times.  People coming together and helping and sharing.  The changes of seasons and the smells and baking that take place.  Also, this is the time for festivals and fairs.  I was never much of a fair person, but I love the festivals.  Especially pumpkin ones.  So we went to our first tonight.  Here are some of the pictures.

Cody getting ready to slide

Down the slide

Riding the honey bee with Daddy (barely over the bar!)

Zane on his own honey bee

A ride with mommy




Too bad they don't use tomatoes anymore


Zane's Black Widow Tattoo 

For my Grandparents who loved sunflowers (Especially Doris)



Riding the swings with Daddy


Only Trouble could come of this



We had a great time.  We spent 30 or more minutes in the corn maze.  Next year I have to remember to bring my running watch so we can see what pattern we made.  Also, a very nice surprise was the storm that was coming in.  We were south, away from the city lights and could see a thunderstorm moving in!  It had spectacular lighting and by the time we got home, rain had started, but just barely!  What a great night!

No comments: