Friday, November 25, 2011

My Baby is SIX!

So today six years ago our lives were changed forever. I had been in the hospital for a week because of pre-eclamsia and my liver stated to shut down on Thanksgiving Day. After the blood work came back (which they did stat) Dr. Mills started my induction. I was only 29 weeks!!!! After fighting for 18 hours (because I was not able to get up to go to the bathroom) they finally gave me the epidural (for we wanted a natural birth). Well, 1.5 LITERS of urine came out. Less than 30 minutes later our baby was born. When they told us it was a boy I think we both breathed a sigh! He was bitty, 2 lbs 14.2 oz and 16 inches long. I got to hold him for about 2 minutes before they rushed him up to the NICU. These pictures are from Dec. 1, 2005. It was so hard to leave the hospital and entrust the nurses with my baby. But I did for 52 days!





Then he turned 1! You could already have a hard time figuring out that he was so early!
And then 2! And this picture so shows your personality then and now. In fact, I still get this look!


Then for your third birthday, you got a nice cut above your eye just before~ But you did great with it and we learned not to have glue as a stitches again.

Growing so fast and not looking like a baby anymore here you are 4!At five you started to go to school and learned how to share your mommy and daddy! We figured out that the longer hair looks and fits you best.

Now you are six and such a big boy and a love. You have to be active and doing something, preferably with your daddy. You love your baby brother and he loves you. You have started and love football and school. We are so proud of you and can't wait to see how much you grow this year. Even if we wish you would slow down a little. Happy 6th Birthday Zane! You are so special and Mommy, Daddy, and Cody love you so much! Continue to grow, thrive, and learn!

No comments: