Thursday, July 29, 2010

Super Yummy, Super Easy!

Well, like everything else, I have been very much not wanting to cook AT ALL this summer. So there are a lot of easy, no think standbys that I do. But I am getting bored with those, and I am sure that my hubby is too. Zane, just won't eat most of what we serve, so not much new or different there. Plus, all that seems to stay down is chicken, and there is are only so many ways to do chicken that don't totally heat up the already hot house. In my normal, I don't know what to do but these are the things I have and I want a crock-pot meal I came up with the following:

I call it "Pick Your Own Mexican Food"

Chicken Breast (one per person)
Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
Can of Green Chillies
1/2 can of Chicken Broth
Set Crock-pot on low for 4 hours
30 minutes before serving (or about) pull chicken out to shred then put back in mix til time to serve.

Here is where it is fun. I made mine into enchiladas and my husband made his into Chicken Tortilla Soup. I am sure there are many other ways to do this also, but that is what makes it fun.
Top it with cheese, sour cream, black olives, or whatever you want.

No comments: