Sunday, September 27, 2009

You are doing what?

In May I had a garage sale in which I sold a whole bunch of baby boy stuff. Or should I say, summer baby boy stuff. Which left me with the winter things. So I was going to have another garage sale in Oct. Then we got word that our dear friends had hit a huge obstacle that none of us saw coming. On August 4, 2009 Penny Gorman was taken to the hospital where it was discovered that she was in heart failure. She is a beautiful two year old who was healthy up to this point.

In the last two months she has gone though multiple surgeries. She had a Berlin Heart put into her and is now waiting on a heart. Please continue to pray for this beautiful little girl and her parents. Her daddy has gotten sick, pneumonia or Valley Fever (don't know yet) and can not see her until he is given the clear. This is crushing to him, because he can not go see his wife or daughter. They live in Arizona but Penny is at UCLA Medical. Daddy still needs to work so he is back and forth every weekend for the most part.

Right now they are waiting. Waiting in the hospital for a new heart for Penny. In the mean time, she is being prayed for by so many people (See Updates here). So, that Oct. garage sale is still happening, but with a twist. I have gotten a whole bunch of stuff from so many people, along with our stuff and we are going to have a Fundraiser Garage Sale! Save A Penny! I am so excited to see how God is going to work in this. Donate Life America is also going to provide literature, which is only fitting seeing as how this is for a transplant patient.

So this week I am continuing to collect items for the garage sale. Next week, I will organize the stuff. Then on Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 the garage sale will take place. I hope that many will register to be donors and that the Gorman Family is able to see how many people love and care for them. They got a taste at the first benefit, I can't wait to see what God has in this one.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

That is amazing. I hope you have a great result. I will be praying for Penny (still) and her Daddy.