Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

As we finish up our day, I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to those who follow our family through our blog.

I am so thankful that God has given me such a great family. There are so many memories that are cherished. As I was preparing the dinner, I was talking to my dad about what I remember about where I learned some of my cooking. It brought memories of my Great Grandmother Fortune. She was such a wonderful lady who loved to cook for her family. Many of the recipes and tricks I use I got from her, even though I was too young for her to realize that I was picking up on them. Also for the fact that my family know to leave me alone when I am cooking. But I can tell that they enjoyed it because we have very few left overs!

As for two of my successes. The first is a butternut squash dish, which I found here. I used Ritz instead of saltines. The other I found in a free parents journal. It was a great center piece. And the other bonuses was that it was edible and Zane actually ate the fruit and vegetables! Yes, very unusual!

____________________________________________________________________

Anyone thinking of Lincoln Logs for your child? Here is the warning if you get the tin storage container, or the tin popcorn.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and good luck if you are shopping tomorrow!

No comments: