Thursday, July 3, 2008

Great Reminder

Wow! How God works. As I was doing some research, again, on adoption grants, I ran across a great blog. I found it through Shaohannah's Hope. It is Kerry Hasnebalg's site. After the first time I read it, I was amazed to find out how God had lead me here. It was on a day that I was feeling sorry for myself in regards to Micah and was feeling all alone. Well, I wandered here and found that she too had lost her little girl in January also. I was hooked and started to read further. Every time I visit I am amazed how Kerry is able to put things into words that I am unable to. God has truly blessed her with the gift that I am unable to express. Today's post Dad's Kids very much what I needed to hear today. It makes me realize, again, that God has experienced EVERYTHING that I have and more. That I need to pray for those who are lost and perishing. I need to remember ALL of His promises. Especially in times when I am feeling alone and overwhelmed: remind myself of a great passage: 2 Cor 4:7-10 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.

Healing after a tragedy is not quick, easy, or fun. But this passage also reminds me that everything needs to focus back to God and be to His glory to spread the gospel. On May 11th our pastor gave a remarkable message related to this (can listen to it Acts 9:32-43). I am so thankful that God is in control of every situation and that I can look back and see how he has done exactly what was needed when. Even though I may not like it, understand it, or approve of it, it is the best thing that could have happened and the timing is perfect.

No comments: