Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo Mud Run

Today was the my first Mud Race!  I did the Dirty 6 3 Mud Race.  It was so much fun.  I was a little worried that I would struggle with endurance because I have not been running, but that was soon put to rest (I may have even been able to do the 6 mile like I originally planned).  But I went with the 3 mile, then did a mile with Zane!  This was so much fun and I we will be doing it again in September!!!!!  David wants to join in and I think that we may try and get 3 others!!!!



Zane and I before the fun begins
Last obstacle you had to get up on top of the storage locker

The Runners Cattle

Getting loaded into the storage locker (we went in about 75, they shut the doors and banged on the walls)


Then released the cattle to the fireman's hoses!


That is right, the boys got muddy during my race!


This fireman was AWESOME!  He let the kids spray his hose.


Thank you to the Gila River Fire Department!



Love this picture!  Coming to the final two obstacles through the fire hose water

Giant slip-n-slide



UP!

Over

Finished!

Zane showering before his run

Kids Run



Slip-n-Slide




Finishing
This parking spot looked perfect before the race, but this employee of the race soon learned that it was not the best spot but the worst!

2 comments:

Sara Marie said...

Although you know every part of me cringes at the thought of being covered in mud, I have to give you major props! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

zanesmommy said...

Sara, it was not as bad as you may think. The kids were muddier than their parents in the "pond" at the start finish! My favorite was seeing the dads go in the "pond" with their kids and have their own mud party. That is what it is all about!