Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I love St. Patrick's Day, and it is not for the beer! Growing up we always had Corned Beef! I LOVE CORNED BEEF! Especially cooked in the crock pot all day! YUMMY!

Today I learned more about St. Patrick. Thanks to my dear friend. She did a wonderful job of organizing a play day to celebrate it. Of course, no one had a camera. What I liked the most was the way that St. Patrick used the shamrock to symbolize the trinity. I have never thought about it that way. Now when ever I look at clovers, I am not looking for the four leaf one, but the three to be reminded of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit (three leaves on one plant).

I still love the Corned Beef and potatoes (not a fan of the cabbage, but still going to make it). But love the new way to look at the day.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all my blog friends!

No comments: