Friday, November 14, 2008

YOUR HOW TALL?

Zane, his Grammie, and I had so much fun at the giraffe breakfast today. We were very lucky in that the giraffes were still in the giraffe house. So we go a very close and personal look at the giraffes! Zane loves giraffes and lets us know. I loved feeling their tongues when they took the food out of our hands. God is amazing in how He made every one of His creations. That an animal with a neck as long as a giraffe only has seven vertebrae! The male giraffe at our zoo is 17 years old and 17 feet tall! It was amazing to see them right next to you. They are so gentle and shy. The nose reminded me a lot of a horse's nose and the tongue was very similar to about 180 grit sandpaper. Plus it was blue. I know that in the wild the giraffe's favorite food is acacia trees, now if I can just figure out a way to get a giraffe in our backyard to get rid of the HOA's acacia trees (which I am allergic to and they are in bloom.)

No comments: