Saturday, January 28, 2012

Debreif from My Run

So I ran London's Run today. Going into it I did not know what to expect. I had heard it was a great run, for a good cause, and I needed a 10K. Well, the families of the children that Positive Impact have helped were there, along with the kids who are still fighting cancer. Some of the kids are now in Heaven and their stories were told too. I was also able to talk to one of the wonderful coordinators of the run and Positive Impact. I wanted to talk to her to see how to get help, for one of our friends is struggling and in the hospital waiting for a heart (Please pray for Jina, yes this is Penny's Mom). Well, Micah came up and I realized that the run was just as much for him as anything. I was told that there was a memorial poster to put his name on! So wonderful! While waiting to start the race, I met this wonderful woman Rose. Her daughter was just told that her life was going to be shortened because of some medical issues with her Down's Syndrome. We were able to talk and pray before the race and then ran a couple miles together. We both wonder which would be worse, loosing a baby due to miscarriage, still birth, illness after years of having them, anything. We both came to the conclusion that it did not matter! We have lost our children and it SUCKS! During the run they had pictures of the children that have been battling or battled cancer with encouraging sayings. This really helped to encourage me that even if I wanted to give up that their fight was/is harder and running is easy compared to what they are going through. Yes, there was a sign that said "This is hard, Running is Easy". About 3.5 miles into the race, I looked at my watch and realized that I was running much faster than what I was thinking I would. I picked out a lady and hung with her. She was never out of my sight. I was hoping to catch her, but I realized that all I really wanted to do was finish the race in under an hour and ten minutes....I did!!!! It was so encouraging to beat the goal that I thought I would have!

After the run, I got my free food and went to the car so I could make it to Zane's football game. I was so glad to get there. At the end of the game he scored his first points I actually had the camera out and ready. Battery was not dead and I was at the middle of the end zone.

This is what I got. Zane getting the ball!

Then I started to get excited and this is the photo I got of his score!
Yep, this mom needs to have a professional who is not emotionally invested!

No comments: