Sunday, November 15, 2009

What, it is Aready the Middle of November?!?!

I can not believe that in a ten days I will have a four year old, Thanksgiving will be here and we will have a month until Christmas. However, that also means that I will be home (Colorado) for Christmas! I am so excited to be where there could be snow and it will definitely feel like Christmas and not Easter.

What has been going one with us? Well, Zane is going to be in his first on-stage production on Tuesday. He will be singing three songs with the other kids in his Camp Central group for the women who are in Stepping Stones (which includes my M.O.M.S. group-very much like M.O.P.S.), we are in the full swing of Sammy Seedlings Preschool and Little Nature Explores. I have really been enjoying the Little Nature Explores. While Zane is off with "Grandma Mia" and a few other 3 and 4 year olds, I get to escape off into the Riparian Area and spend time with God. During this hour most is spent in prayer. This prayer has been powerful and revealed so many different things about God's goodness and love for me. It has also convicted me in areas of my life that need some attention and given me vision of some things that I feel that God wants me to do and I need to listen and DO! Which this is a problem for me. I don't like to start things that I have thought of because I am afraid of rejection.

I have also been do a book study using the book "Power of a Praying Parent," which has been so incredible useful to me, and the leader is the state coordinator of Moms In Touch. So my desire is to start a group at our church. These prayer times have been one of the most powerful times of prayer and I have seen the most changes and answers to prayer during this time. I can not describe the intensity of the prayer when I am praying in this manner with one or two other women about our children. If you have a Moms In Touch in your area, do it! If not, start one. You will not be disappointed.

So, we have been very busy. Nana and Papa are coming on Sat for Zane's birthday, we have two parties for him, our annual ZooLights on Zane's birthday, Thanksgiving, finish up preschool and Little Nature Explores, head to Denver (19th), Christmas, come home, then our 7th anniversary! So ready for life to slow down. I think that will happen when Zane turns 18.

On top of all Zane's activities, David and I have been busy at nights. Our church just got through with our outreach, Life 101. We both had friends come. One of David's coworker, T came to all 6 weeks and accepted the LORD as her Savior on Friday! This was an amazing time. We are also taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. This is definitely worth doing and checking out, even if you don't agree with everything he says. It has caused us to get on the same page and we have set goals and give us a plan that makes sense. Highly recommend it!

That is our life right now. Fun, crazy and exhausting.

No comments: