Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Thank You to the Military and their Families!

Many of us are out and about having BBQ, shopping, camping, and celebrating the weekend of summer. But there is so much more to it than that. I want to take this time to thank those who have or are serving our country and protecting our freedom. I have many in my family that have served (mainly the Navy) but in other branches as well. My brother Jason and his family-thank you for serving right now. To my father-in-law Jorge, my Uncle Scott, Granddad Easy, Granddaddy,Uncle Dave, Aunt June, and any other family member I may have forgotten Thank you!

I also want to thank a dear friend, many of you may read her blog, but she has sacrificed a lot. Thank you so much for giving up your husband to protect us (especially the last 18 months).

Thank you to all of the military families that are giving up their loved ones.

I would love for anyone to post their gratitude or the names of their loved ones who have served or are serving. Hopefully we can give some encouragement to those who are serving or who are missing their loved ones.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Thank you for thinking of us.

Praying for all the families that have lost their loved ones who were serving our great country. Thank you for the ultimate sacrifice.

I will be remembering all the fallen Brave Rifles from the 3d ACR. Past and present. Especially CPT Rowdy Inman. He was my husband's commander, and he was killed in Iraq December 26, 2007.

Thanks again for thinking of this military family.
Hugs!