Friday, January 23, 2009

YUMMY!

Those who know how I cook, know that I look at recipes and then follow them to a T make it my own. I had four heads of organic broccoli that I needed to use today or it was going to be put in the compost. It is too yummy for that. So I started to look for broccoli recipes. This is David's favorite veggie, and even more so when there is cheese on it. Therefore I looked for cheesy broccoli recipes. This is what I came up with

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. In a covered bowl mix, Cream of Potato Soup, cubed ham, broccoli florets, chopped onions, garlic, shredded cheddar cheese, crushed Ritz crackers, and butter.
  3. Sprinkle top with more cheese and cracker mix.
  4. Put in oven covered for about 40 minutes.
  5. After that uncover and broil for 2 to 3 minutes.
I know, no measurements. Sorry. Do this to your taste. Adding pepper and other seasonings to your taste also. My husband is a salt fend, I did not add and he did not add either! I was surprised. Next time I may use French's Fried Onions. It was simple and yummy.

No comments: