Thursday, December 25, 2008

We pulled it off!

First, I hope that you are all having a wonderful Christmas with your family. We have enjoyed the morning. We opened presents, had a very healthy breakfast, this and bacon (cinnamon rolls with the icing, green sugar sprinkles, and "cherries").

But the best was seeing Daddy's reaction to his big present. Which was from his parents, his mom and step dad, my parents, Zane and me.

First: From J and E. Notice the expression!
Next: J and V. See a change? Different wrapping paper and the smug look!
Third paper: J and L. Just a little irritated!
Fourth from Zane: Enough already
Fifth: Mommy. I am sick of this!and he did not even get all the paper off this time!

Wait! What? No more paper......
Yes, we pulled it off! He had no idea. So glad. I was worried!
Then there is his present to Zane. He has been working on it for a couple weeks, maybe four?


So what is in the box?About 400 plus homemade Lincoln Logs! Yes, he made them all. And for about as much as a can of 100!

I was also spoiled. And can not wait to use my presents. Zane still has not shown an interest in the costumes, but that will come and so will those pictures.

Again, I hope that you have a great day and the rest of 2008!

P.S. I miss you Micah. I love you and I wish you were here to open presents and share this special day with us. I know that your celebration of Jesus' birthday was way out of this world. I can't wait till I can celebrate with you. Merry Christmas Micah. As I am typing my new CD started to play the song that reminds me of this promise. "There will be a Day" by Jeremy Camp. I can not wait till I fell no more pain, no more tears, and no more fears. Thank you Lord for sending your Son to save us from these things. How much more I understand what you did that day today better than I did a year ago today. I am in awe that this is how you chose to come and save the world. That you would willing give your son for me. I would have switched places with Micah, not given him freely. Thank you!

No comments: