Saturday, March 2, 2013

Third one DONE!

Today I ran and finished my third half marathon in a year and 5 days!  This one was suppose to be a full, but I was unable to put the training in to complete a full with my boys at the ages they are.  So 13.1 miles it was!!!!  I was really nervous for this one because I have not been training the way I should have the last two months.  But I finished and did so in under three hours!  It HURT!  Starting about mile 8 I was really looking at my watch.  My feet were throbbing and felt like they were on fire.  I walked and ran the til about 11.5 miles.  Then I just sucked it up and ran.  This was an amazing race.  The start was so fun.  The Anthem was played at 6:05 am with FIREWORKS!!!!!  That was a huge surprise but so fun!  Then at 6:30, just as the sun was starting to break over the Superstition Mountains the cannon fired and more fireworks started the race!!!! 

Unlike my first two I was never alone on this run.  There were lots of people at the same pace as me, which was so encouraging.  The other fun part was that the full marathon started at the same time and their second half was our race.  So I was able to see some AMAZING runners pass me.  Now it did not happen until 1 hour 50 minutes into the race, but it did happen.  The first guy finished in 2 hours and 23 minutes FAST!!!!!  But it was so awesome to see such beauty in those elite athletes.

The last stretch felt like 2 miles.  It felt like the finish would never get here.  But it did and when my watch stopped I was under 3 hours!  My goal.  Even if the official results say 3 hours and 3 seconds, it did not take into account the fact that I had to wait for 10 minutes to get in.  But when you have to go you have to go and you never know when you will see another port-a-john.

I finished!  I felt good!  And I FINISHED!!!!!

My Bib

After race and shower!

Bib and Finishers Medal (PRETTY!)



If you are curious and want to see my official time, pace, and halfway split (mom) go to Phoenix Marathon click on the half results.

No comments: